HISTORY & IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
- In November 2018, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) announced that its current Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) fiscal agent, DXC Technology, selected Sandata Technologies as the electronic visit verification (EVV) vendor. Additionally, DHS announced that they will use the Sandata platform as an aggregator for those entities that already have an EVV system in-place and meet Wisconsin DHS aggregator use requirements.
- Wisconsin opted for the hybrid model. Under the Wisconsin Hybrid model, Sandata Technologies will provide their EVV system for use within all Wisconsin DHS programs and by impacted providers, HMOs/MCOs, and other program administrators. If an agency already has an EVV system in place, the aggregator allows providers to continue to use their third-party EVV system as long as it meets EVV and Wisconsin DHS aggregator use requirements.
- On August 22, 2019, Wisconsin received approval of EVV Good Faith Effort Exemption Request.
- Good Faith Effort Exemption Approval: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/WIDHS/bulletins/25a064d
- Wisconsin DHS: DHSEVV@dhs.wisconsin.gov
- Which types of Medicaid options are personal care covered by?
- 1905(a)(24) state plan personal care benefit
- 1915(c) HCBS
- 1915(j) self-directed PAS
- 1115 childless adults
- Is MLTSS operational?
- Any self-directed programs?
- Please check back for additional information.