HISTORY & IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
- The State of West Virginia has chosen the Open/hybrid for the EVV.
- The State Procured Solution:
- The burden and cost of procurement is the responsibility of the State.
- The state is responsible for the maintenance and updates to the system.
- The upgrade options may be available for providers to implement, at cost to them.
- The Provider Owned Solution:
- The burden and cost procurement are the responsibility of the provider.
- The providers are responsible for providing evidence that their system complies with requirements of the Act, DHHR, and the date aggregator, as well any associated costs.
- Current Implementation Status: The West Virginia Department of health and Human Resources (DHHR) has been working with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to establish finalized implementation dates. On May 29, 2019, West Virginia provided an update to stakeholders indicating that the state has an RFP draft completed and under review. According to staff, the review could take 12 weeks or longer. West Virginia received good faith exemption approval from CMS on August 19, 2019.
- 304-558-1700, DHHRBMSEVV@wv.gov
- Which types of Medicaid options are personal care covered by?
- 1915 (c)
- Is MLTSS operational?
- Any self-directed programs?