HISTORY & IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
- The state Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) is working with the Washington State Health Care Authority to finalize changes the MMIS system, ProviderOne, needed to meet the 21st Century Cures Act requirements. ProviderOne changes have been implemented and the State is currently conducting a pilot with two home care agencies. The Home Care Agencies have select EVV vendors to collect the required data which is then integrated with claims data.
- The state is working to implement EVV for home care agencies first, and then will implement EVV for self-directed consumers and providers by mid-2021. The self-directed EVV implementation will come as part of a larger change to a Consumer Directed Employer for the self-directed program.
- Washington is in the process of implementing an open model of for EVV. Data required for EVV will be submitted with claims for payment to the state Medicaid management information system for aggregation.
- Home Care Agency providers – 15,000
- Self-Directed providers – 42,000
- Is MLTSS operational?
- Any self-directed programs?
- If yes, joint-employment relationship
- Please check back for additional information.