HISTORY & IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
- Utah Plans to implement an open model. Provider Choice
- Utah will update the state’s Medicaid policy with an administrative rule outlining all EVV requirements on July 1, 2019. General information for providers will be included in Section I of the Utah Medicaid Provider Manual. Starting July 1, 2019, for both personal care and home health services, the Division of Medicaid and Financing will begin to collect and monitor EVV records form providers. The early collection and monitoring of EVV records will give providers an opportunity to test records submission processes to ensure compliance to federal requirements prior to the mandatory compliance effective dates. Providers must select their own EVV service provider and make records available to the states for upon request on or after July 1, 2019. All systems must be compliant with 21st Century Cures Act requirements.
- Utah Medicaid will promulgate an administrative rule outlining the process of evaluating ongoing provider compliance with EVV.
- Utah received approval for Good Faith Effort Exemption on December 27, 2019.
- Which types of Medicaid options are personal care covered by?
- Is MLTSS operational?
- Any self-directed programs?
- Please check back for additional information.