HISTORY & IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
- Rhode Island entered a contract with Sandata in 2016 for a statewide EVV system. Providers currently do not have a choice to use any other EVV system for time and billing. They may, however, use a different scheduling system if it integrates with and is approved by Sandata. Stakeholder presentations indicate that Sandata will also be developing an aggregator to allow submission from other EVV platforms.
- Closed Model (State Mandated External Vendor) – moving to open.
- Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services has held meetings with providers and the MCOs to outline the two options that will be available. Option one is the current EVV system, which is a state contract with Sandata. Option two is the Open EVV solution, which allows providers to contract with a vendor of their choice, who will submit verified visit data to an aggregator that will also be operated by Sandata.
- Rhode Island received Good Faith Effort Exemption approval on August 23, 2019.
- Which types of Medicaid options are personal care covered by?
- 1915 (c)
- Is MLTSS operational?