HISTORY & IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
- In 2013, Mississippi published an RFP for a comprehensive LTSS information and data system that included EVV requirements.
- In January 2016, FEI Systems launched MediKey, which served as the EVV system for the LTSS programs. Mississippi’s EVV applies to personal care and in-home respite services on the state’s ID/DD and elderly/disabled waivers.
- According to a presentation from April 2019, the current EVV system uses either a land line verification or a password generation device that is fixed in the participant’s home for EVV.
- In August 2019, state staff indicated that a CURES Act compliant system is currently in production.
- Mississippi received approval for Good Faith Effort Exemption on December 27, 2019.