HISTORY & IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
- California is implementing EVV in two phases:
- Phase I is focused on the IHSS and Waiver Personal Care Services (WPCS) programs that currently use the Case Management Payrolling & Information Systems (CMIPS) and Electronic Timesheet and Telephonic Timesheet Systems.
- California plans to implement Phase I EVV over the course of the next two years or so and will seek a good faith exemption request to delay full implementation until January 1, 2021.
- Phase II is focused on identifying either an existing system(s) or a new system to implement EVV for non-CMIPS and agency personal care services, and self-directed and agency home health services.
- The EVV solution for the Self-Directed Model for IHSS and WPCS is to leverage and enhance the existing Electronic Timesheet System (ETS), now referred to as the Electronic Services Portal (ESP), and the Telephonic Timesheet System (TTS). This approach can be accomplished with current vendors, which minimizes development and implementation costs. Providers and recipients will be able to access the EVV system through an online ESP web portal that can be used on any device with internet access or via telephone (landline or mobile). In the future, a mobile phone application will also be considered.
- California received approval for Good Faith Effort Exemption on October 22, 2019.
- Check back soon for additional information