HISTORY & IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
- In May, 2018 SDS surveyed personal care service providers to gain a baseline understanding of provider knowledge and readiness for electronic visit verification. The survey also captured information regarding EVV systems that are currently being used within the State. With Support from the Mental Health Trust Authority, Senior and Disabilities collaborated with a contractor, Vital Lee Consulting & Coordination, to assist in statewide stakeholder engagement and education on Electronic Visit Verification options.
- In June, 2018 the Department completed a request for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Technical Assistance regarding the implementation of EVV.
- Community forums are being provided around the state to engage stakeholders, provide education about the mandate, and seek input.
- Alaska received approval for Good Faith Effort Exemption on September 18, 2019.
KEY PLAYERS & CONTACT INFORMATION
- The Department of Health and Social Services is engaged in discussions on the national level regarding the 21st Century Cure’s Act EVV implementation timeline. At the urging of the National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD), Senator Murkowski (R-AK) and Senator Brown (D-OH) sponsored a bill to delay the Medicaid requirement to implement for one year until January 1, 2020. The bill was co-sponsored by Senator Sullivan (R-AK) and Congressmen Don Young, among others.
- For more information, contact Lynne Keilman-Cruz, Health Program Manager IV/Chief of Quality at email@example.com.
- Please check back for additional information.